This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and buy something, I get a percentage of the sale. Find out more by reading my affiliate policy and disclosure.
I am gearing up for a fun Saturday of walking, board games and slow-cooker pulled pork! These are all things that make me happy – and it’s taken me a long time to start investing in my own happiness. Once upon a time I thought I had to fill every waking moment with something productive. Now, I take the time to do the things that make life worth living. The things that bring me joy.
As such, today’s weekend reading is all about happiness.
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy The brain is far more malleable than we think. Rituals do make a difference.
- Secret ingredient frozen hot chocolate – I was a bit skeptical of this idea for hot chocolate, but then I made it and it was amazing (vegan recipe).
- Seeing and Believing Seth Godin is always interesting. TV has a profound effect on how you view the world – so, presumably, does the internet.
- 21 Depression-friendly pastimes that don’t cost the earth – pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.
- The Quiet Place – take a few moments to just enjoy some peace and quiet.